Ladies Meeting Report
The ladies meeting went so well. We had 32 registerd, planned on 40, and had 28 attend. We were so blessed to fellowship that day. Diane Olson spoke on Knowing God, Delighting in his Word, and Surrendering all to His will. I think I was most challenged with the 2nd session. I do not want to rush in and out of my quiet time with God. I do desire a close walk with Him, but I often treat it as a "fast meal!" I want to teach my children the truths of God's Word and speak to them out of the overflow of God's working in my life. Oh, that God would grant me the quality time in His Word and draw me closer to Himself! Our church's website (and one of my links) has her sessions on them for free. You can just download it yourself. Norwaybaptist.com. Hope you find a "spare" moment to listen to these sessions.


2 Comments:
I'm so glad the meeting was a blessing. I understand what you mean about longing for God and yet rushing through quiet time. Yesterday Nacy Leigh DeMoss was discussing the same thing on her radio program about us living in a time oriented rushing society where everything is fast paced (from the food we eat to the way we talk). I need to take the time to slow down and savor God's Word and my time with him.
I listened to her yesterday too, Tracy. That's cool. I keep WRVM on all morning to catch bits and pieces of wisdom :)
Post a Comment
<< Home