Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Andrew making cake with mommy

"The more I appreciate, the happier I am." That's been my focus for today. I can become discontent so easily. But, when I choose to focus on all God's given me....even chocolate batter splattering on my counter :) I can rejoice. I am so grateful for my life as a Mom! Being the mom of 4 is challenging and rewarding. I've never been this tired in all my life!! There are days and nights that I just long for a little rest, but God's grace and strength are so sufficient and I am blessed! (and HAPPY).

8 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a sweet picture! I hear ya about the frustration at times. Somedays I feel like I've reached the top of my Chloe meter and I can't deal with one more tiny little thing. Matt reminded me tonight after a mini-battle with Chloe at bedtime that this is exactly when God's grace is so precious and needed. Sigh. Wish I could be there to help ease your mommy burden and sip some java with you. :) Hang in there, dear. Mommying is the most important job in the world!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger carissa said...

Al, thanks for the encouragement. I've been up since 5 and Eden is still awake. I can't let her cry for too long (I did for almost an hour) because she woke everyone else up :)
GOD'S GRACE....How precious!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear, 5 am?!? I know how you feel. Chloe woke at 5 but thankfully went back to sleep at 6. What is with these babies?! Praying for you today and drinking some strong coffee.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

That is the sweetest picture ever! He is such a sweet little boy. You have such a good attitude about the "help" and Andrew will remember that long after the cake is gone! Are you going to Brent's game tonight at 9? I thought that might be a little bit late for you to be out with the kids, but thought I would check! Sorry I didn't make it to the game on Tuesday! Have a good day! Praying for you.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chef Drew looks like he's having lots of fun! Edwardo would be proud of him.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Wentzel Weekly said...

Hey, Carissa! I just wanted to say hi, and that I fully aggree with you about counting our blessings, and being thankful to be a mom. I only have one, and I'm beat, so I can't imagine the zomby I would be with more :)! Nice to see you, and hear how well you are doing! Alyssa (Phillips) Wentzel

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home