Saturday, April 29, 2006

A TRIBUTE TO MY MOM AND DAD

Last night, Friday the 28th, Faith Christian School hosted an appreciation banquet for my parent's 17 years of faithful service. It was an honoring night for my mom and dad. There were over 150 people in attendance. I am so blessed that they are my parents. I praise God for giving them to me!
If I could say a few things about my father, I would say that he is so solid, steadfast, and does not waver under opposition. He is a godly man, full of integrity and love for God and others. Family is the most important to him and he gives at home like he gives in the school. He's been the administrator, teacher, b-ball coach, S.S. teacher, deacon, Coleman Judge, and many more things. He does not complain, but serves as one who serves Christ. He has shown us kids Christ-likeness in the way He loves and gives. He is selfless and I repect him so much. My mom is a godly woman. She is dad's "right-hand woman". She is very talented and can do anything she puts her mind to. She is gifted with music and has led many successful and Christ-honoring programs at FCS. Many have been saved and discipled as a result of her ministry to God. She sees eternity in everything she does. She is faithful and committed to the cause of serving God, Dad, our family, and others. The testimonies last night honored the fact that she invested in so many. I am blessed to have her for my mom. She always challenges us kids to read the WORD first thing in the day. She has influenced my life more than anyone and I love her so much.
Caleb gave a testimony about those who influence you. He said, "You don't ever walk on your own, but ride the shoulders of those who have influenced you." He gave much tribute to mom and dad as he is in his 3rd year of ministry. It hasn't been easy, but he thanked God for dad and mom's influence in his life to be faithful inspite of opposition.
This is getting long. I just wanted to express my love, my heart, my gratefulness to God and my parents.

9 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amen. From the little I know of your parents they seem to be amazingly steadfast and real. Praise God for their legacy of faith!

What a blast to have all the family together for a little while! Is Sheena pregnant? We very much miss Caleb's music ministry at WBC.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger carissa said...

yep, she is 4 mo. along and finds out what she's having next thursday. Doesn't she look cute pregnant. I don't think I can say that for myself! It was so fun to sing with Caleb last night. He has such a great voice and ability!!!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Your parents are so great. I really enjoyed getting to know your mom when I did my student-teaching there several years ago.

Wow, Caleb really is on the move! He was at our house on Thursday night eating pizza with the Griffiths! He must've had a long weekend! (Wow! Lot's of exclamation marks!)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger S said...

I have appreciated your parents' testimony too. I have seen how much your dad sacrifices for your family and church. I bet it was fun to be all together again!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I've always found it to be such a blessing to hear other people honor our parents. Growing up in their home you see everything they sacrificed and did, but what a blessing to hear other people acknowledge it also.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Hairgrove Hangout said...

I love your parents!! "Ruth" has always been a "kindred spirit" from the first time we met. Remember? You and Christy were roommates and I met your mom!! Wow, ancient history. So glad your folks were honored in this way. Wish I could have given a testimony about them. Such a Godly couple, even through rough times. Love ya!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Rob and Amanda Edmondson said...

A tribute very much deserved! What comes next for your parents? Sheena looks so cute; I've been thinking about her and wondering if she was showing yet:)

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize my name is one you haven't seen for years. However, I couldn't leave your site, Carissa, without commenting on the blessing you and your parents have been in my life. I still have my notes from the ladies Sunday School class about the book of Philippians that your mom taught one year in Pound. I am happy to see they have been honored for their life of faithfulness! Please greet them for me. Wishing you and your family God's richest goodness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home