Sunday, May 06, 2007

sprained ankle


This wkd. we had our "alumni tournament" at Northland. Only 3 of the former team showed up, but we WERE having a really great time.....until I sprained my ankle. I went to hit the ball at the 10 ft. line and my cousin Amber came right under me. She thought I was delirious when I fell to the ground repeating, "I'm alone this week with the kids...this can't happen." That's always been my worst fear when I've played since I have 4 dependent children to take care of!!
Brent is leaving for another trip this week to Iowa and will be back on Saturday.
I really desire God to work in me through this small trial. I also desire that I learn all I can through this time of great dependence (esp on my 4 and 6 yr. olds to help me chase the 2 yr olds!!).
Please pray that I can walk (or limp) on my foot soon enough to help my kids with their meals, bathroom visits, and lives this week...............
Sometimes I think God just wants to show me that sitting with the kids is more important that running all over the house trying to keep up. He is good.

14 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Will pray for you this week, dear sister. Cling to God's grace! Love you.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

I came on your blog to comment about the comment you left me about being "a good mom" HA!! You don't see me when I have lost my temper for the fifth time in a single day and am frustrated with my children b/c they have somehow "inconvienced" me and my plans. . . SO,in light of your comment and your post, I am reminded as well of the importance of simply enjoying my children! I will pray for you this week, as I too will be reminded that the cleaning and errands can wait!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Tfipps said...

Just let me know...I can take the kids any day!! I will definitely stop by and see what I can do! Maybe if you weren't trying to show off your amazing volleyball skills...just kidding...about the showing off...not the amazing volleyball skills!!!:)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger heatherlyn11 said...

when I was sick awhile ago and had to stay home for a week or so, I thought the same thing that you mentioned...how nice it was to be confined to my bed and just have to stare at the kids. It was nice, and I remembered how cute they were. I will pray that it goes smooth for ya,...and this will be the week that I call you!
yahoo!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

I will be praying for your ankle to heal and also for your week to go ok without Brent. Let me know if you need anything! By the way, my parents and brothers are coming in on Thursday night for Heston's graduation and my mom wanted to make sure that she was able to see you while she was here. Maybe we will wait until Monday so Brent will be home! Praying for you!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I have to admit to being a "lurker" on your blog for a while now, never just taking a moment to say hi but always intending to. Now I have to say hi and tell you that you will definitely be in my prayers as your recover! I've had a bum foot for a couple of weeks (strained muscle from training for a half marathon) so I know it can be frustrating (and I don't have any kids to chase!). I love hearing news of your world; come on over to my blog sometime if you want news of me :-)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger the johnson crew said...

carissa, you are so funny! (i'm talking about what you said when you first fell...) oh wow. yes, i will pray for you this week as you are down and i will pray that the Lord will give you an extra special time with your precious children... treasure them. love you.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Erin Neiner said...

I sort of know how you're feeling...I have pink eye and am wiped out. So even though I have half the kids you do and I can still walk (ok, how does this relate?) I decided we were all going to have some down time so mommy could rest. It worked...at least for a little while! Happy resting and healing!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Erin Neiner said...

Forgot to say How good it was to see a picture of Amber!! What is she up to these days!!! Please say HI to her for me next time you talk!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Jackson Brian said...

How are you holding up Carissa? To bad we dont live closer so we could help you out with the kids during the day. It must be nice having your mom around to help out. We're praying for you. Love you
Sheena

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

How has your week gone? Feeling any better?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Two of Us said...

Hey girl, I wish I could have been there with you ladies, but I had the first day of tryouts for my high school girls. Maybe next year. Hope your ankle is feeling better!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

We'll pray for you - hope you heal quickly and we'l pray for strength throughout the week while Brent is away.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Wentzel Weekly said...

So nice to catch up on your blog again! I have missed it! We just moved, and I was without a computer for a while. Hope your ankle is doing better.
So good to see the picture of you, Alicia, and Amber:)! I miss those playing days:).
Your kids seem to do a good job at keeping you busy. I am starting to potty train Kendra soon too. She will be 2 on June 23rd...wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home