Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Emma goes to Kindergarten


My little Emma Grace went to Kindergarten yesterday. I just hugged her and prayed for her and felt this BIG lump in my throat. I realize how quickly my time alone with her has gone. She will now have other influences in her life to shape and mold her character. Someone else will instruct her each morning. I am grateful for a good Christian school around here so that I can rest assured that they'll train her in the Scriptures. She's back every day at 11:30, so it's only for 3 1/2 hrs. Meanwhile, Drew, Eden, Chloe and I try to spend some QT together.

8 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW, girl. How time flies! Emma looks very happy to be in kindergarten. I'll pray for you as you adjust.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Time flies so fast doesn't it? She looks so much like her mommy! :)

It is hard to believe that next year I will be doing the same thing...I can still remember the first time I held her in my arms. WOW!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Troy & Sherry said...

Carissa -
she looks so much like you :)
how fun - having kids and being all grown up - i miss you friend!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Oh Carissa! What a landmark day for the Belford family! I hope that Emma likes K5 :) She looks pretty excited to be there!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Wentzel Weekly said...

Our nephew, Kobe, just went to school this week for the first time too! I think it was harder on mom than on him, but she is adjusting :)! I know I will be the same way, and I will pray for you with this adjustment too!
Love you girl, and I love seeing your family pictures and update!
Alyssa

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, Carissa. I can't believe how God has blessed in the last few years. It was so good to find you and see how ya'll are--contact Sandra to get my email so I can talk to you. Take care!
Andrea Rogers

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Yowza! We'll be there next year - how exciting for her though. I know our little one talks about going to school every day - she can't wait.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Emma looks really excited! Funny how it's MUCH harder on mommy than on kiddos! I'm sure that very soon she'll come home and astound you with all the new and exciting knowledge she gets in school! You'll be so proud at the first school program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home