Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Brent's back in Iowa

Well you faithful blogger friends, Brent's back in Iowa this week taking 2 more classes. I'm home with the kiddos. Life is crazy, hard, busy, fun, exciting, noisy and much more!! We are missing Brent, but God has been good to help us and keep us safe. I've been doing a Beth Moore study, The Patriarchs, in the afternoons and it's been so good. I'm studying the life of Joseph. How God is showing me His love and sovereignty in the midst of Joseph's hard situation. He is so good. That God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the God of Carissa Belford as well. That's amazing. I taught the kids a Bible lesson tonight on Joseph and we traced our feet and put them around a poster on the wall that says, "We Will Follow Jesus!". When I told them to go to bed, Andrew marched with his sword saying, "I will follow Jesus!" Oh what a profitable craft-time :) I hope you all are enjoying your week and staying refreshed in the Word!

8 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

The Bible study has been such a blessing to me lately. Thank you for suggesting we do it in order to provide accountability. Studying Joseph has been such a blessing in seeing that God's timing is ideal and that He uses the waiting time to teach us/prepare us for the challenges ahead. It's still hard not knowing where we are going in four weeks, but the study has helped to be a constant reminder to wait and focus on my current ministry.

I'll be praying for you while Brent is in Iowa.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger S said...

I've been in Romans, and it's just been so refreshing to see who we are in Christ. I was talkingn to my mom this morning and she was reading in a book that sometimes we have amnesia. We get caught up in being a "wife, parent, child, sister", and forget we are IN CHRIST first and foremost. Praise Him for the work of grace he has done and is doing. He has blessed us with so much, and I'm so quick to forget at times!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eek, girl! A week without your hubby again, eh? Thank the Lord there's such a big community of Christians nearby to help you out and keep you sane!

I love dwelling on the sovereignty of God! It's so comforting to know that absolutely everything we go through is planned for us and not by accident. So, may the Lord bring you ever closer to Himself through your week without Brent that has been planned for your growth and sanctification!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Carissa
Your posts are always an encouragement and a rebuke when you share with us your life as a mom! I love Beth Moore and have done several of her Bible Studies--I am about to start another one with Anna Beers. . . I will pray for you as Brent is away!!
nicki

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Beth Moore is one of my favorites. I did the Believing God series, and it was such a blessing. Do you get the CD's? I've looked at them, but I've just gotten the book and workbook.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I called your house yesterday, but you weren't home :-( Krysti is engaged! I wrote about it on my blog, but I'll fill you in on more details when I get out there! Love you "mom"!!! Can't wait to see you again (I'll be there this coming Monday)!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Janeen said...

Carissa-- It was so good to see you when you were here. I loved catching up with you. It was as if time had never passed. Thank you for all the words of encouragement. I love you!!

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it naked woman extra hairy pussys Flexi babes flexi babes Dodge ram pimped out India hairy women Interior designer polacca hairy russians girls Outdoor sex play acyclovir pill store interior design idea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home