Monday, July 24, 2006

one man's junk in another's treasure!

This was by far the biggest yard sale I've done yet! We had 12 tables heaping with junk/treasures. I got rid of Andrew's baby clothes, after sorting 4 large garbage bags to give away. All the baby equipment has gone! What a great feeling to get rid of what I don't need.

Are you all garage sale people, or give to Goodwill people?? (or throw in dumpster people?)

11 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Give to whatever thrift store's proceeds go to a "worthy" cause. . . I am NOT a pack rat and I am constantly taking things to thrift stores! Hope all goes well with VBS!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger carissa said...

thanks nicki. You're such a quick commenter..I just posted 2 minutes ago. You're awesome. It must be naptime :)

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger christina said...

carissa,
i just had a huge sale too! although, i'm still hanging on to my baby equipment. :)
yeah, i had some bags left and they are all going to whichever worthy cause will come pick them up! :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love to GO to garage sales and Goodwill right now! I'm sure in a few years I'll be setting up tables with the best of them, but I just don't have enough stuff at this point to bother with a sale, so our "junk" goes to the thrift stores for now. I'm sure once the kiddos start accumulating things a sale will be in order.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger S said...

I'm a donater to thrift stores. It's so great b/c the seminary has a little donation bin in the parking lot, and it's tax deductible. Stephen's really good about dropping the stuff off for me. I can see how stuff accumulates. We've already got too much baby stuff, and we only have one.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there to sort through your treasures! I'm mostly a give-to-goodwill person but this summer I'm doing a sale with my neighbor lady friend.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm mostly a Goodwill-er, just because I don't have time to or space to organize a garage sale! But I HATE hanging onto anything I'm not using, so Goodwill knows me by name now. But Carissa, you'd be so proud of me, I finally sold a few things on Ebay!!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger carissa said...

way to go, Lacey. I am trying to sell twin girl sets on ebay (not my twins:)..VERY NICE CLOTHES :)

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger carissa said...

way to go, Lacey. I am trying to sell twin girl sets on ebay (not my twins:)..VERY NICE CLOTHES :)

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger The Two of Us said...

Carissa,

I love to go to garage sales too. I've done a few of them in my life, but since we never had a garage, it was such a huge event on the day of the sale and you had to pray for no rain.
Mike and I are now Ebayers. If it isn't good enough to go to Ebay, we either junk it or drop it off at a thrift store.

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read valium pedriatic dental Free i870 ringtones New arkansas divorce laws .gov org the truth about women &aposs hair loss http://www.proactiv-solutions-9.info/used-proactiv-worked-thembc-using-month-havent-seen.html his butt plug Anime strap ons Reason hair loss woman sexual side effects with depakote healthy cholesterol diet Find vacatures callcenter teamleider supervisor vacature Timeshare accommodation in melbourne Surveillance camera add link Biohair hair loss cavalier king charles spaniels3a excessive hair loss clip art business cards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home