Monday, January 22, 2007

My Artist Aunt's Painting

If anyone is interested in ordering a painting from my very talented Aunt Margie, you can email her at menageriedesigns@yahoo.com
I asked her to paint something for my entry, and she brought me this wonderful painting. Just thought I'd show you all her work :)

13 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Wow-that is really neat--i will check out the website!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

I mis-read and thought she had a website-then realized it was just her e-mail. Does she have a site that you can look at her paintings?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger carissa said...

don't think so, Nicki. Sorry. But, you can write her and she'll do anything :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! It goes perfectly with your red bench. Wish I could help her with her fundraising but funds are low us student families. Plus, I'm married to my own artist. :) His paintings are much more abstract though.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Tfipps said...

Hey...what's that black border on either side of the painting? Ha, ha, it is our little secret.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Adrianna said...

Hi Carissa!
I thought of you the other day when my Bella took off her pants, opened her onesie, and for the second time in her life, got into her messy diaper. This has nothing to do with painting, though what she did on her sheets was very abstract! I'm pretty confident, however, that no one will be commissioning her for her work!!

Hope all is going well!!

Adrianna

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger The Horaks said...

That is the perfect painting for that space!!! I'm so happy for you! Big improvement on you-know-what! ;)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Hey carissa, I tried e-mailing you my sister's blog address the other day, and I just got a notice saying it didn't go through. Anyway, it is www.sherflets.blogspot.com

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Liesl said...

love the painting. what's the secret behind it?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger 6packB said...

so great to hear from you! Love the painting as well as everything else you have done in your house! Wish we lived near enough to get decorating ideas from you. I really want to know if you painted the mural in your girl's room. How adorable. The kids are all so big! and cute! Feel free to email me at joshannabeers@hotmail.com

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

How special to have a beautiful painting made just for you! The girl's room looks beautiful! I'm not looking forward to transitioning Olivia to a big-girl bed.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger mitchells2000 said...

the painting is BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Hi Carissa! I did paint the verse on the wall-- whew! The walls were painted with an eggshell finish, so I used chalk to write the verse on the wall-- that way if I messed up I could wipe it off. That worked really well. Then I painted over it with a white flat paint. I had to go over it a few times-- and that got a little tedious-- but I was happy with the results :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home