Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Praising God for His Word

Yesterday morning I decided to start reading Song of Songs again. As I read, there were 3 main facts that drew my heart closer to my husband. The first is the verse that says, "Winter is gone, the rain is come..." Sometimes I feel that the busyness of everyday duties can be compared to "winter" time in our marriage. I asked God to refresh my focus.
He also gave me the second truth found in the verse, "Beware of the little foxes that spoil the vine..." These foxes can be compared to the pride, arrogancy, selfishness, jealousy, comparison... that shows itself way too much in my life.
Then the 3rd fact was in the verse that says, "Set me as a seal on thy heart...for LOVE IS AS STRONG AS DEATH." I was reminded that a "seal" is a sign of ownership. I want my life, actions, and words to show that my heart is sealed for Brent alone, that he is the man of my dreams.

Brent is in school, teaches, helps our church-plant, disciples, trains, loves....and is an incredible husband and father to 4 rowdy children :) I am challenged that life is for service to my great God. That the self-life that I live way too often must be crucified with Christ. Gal 2:20, "Nevertheless, I live, yet not I, but Christ who lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who LOVED me and GAVE Himself for me."

I passionately desire to live a life filled with love and service to the godly man God called me to serve alongside of. Praise His glorious name!! May my life be a praise-song to Him.

6 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Great truths! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement and rebuke. It's SO EASY to forget that our marriages are central to our families. I only have one rowdy child but I feel so pulled to do all the daily things to care for her that I often forget about the needs of our marriage relationship. Hang in there sister, and keep depending on God to make you into a Christ-like helpmeet.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger S said...

That was an encouragement. I can always use the reminders to keep our marriage at the forefront. Satan tries so many different ways to pull us apart. It was so nice this weekend to have just in the car with my husband. I have to admit, I've never spent a long time in that book - maybe I'll head there after I finish Romans.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for your testimony!! I appreciate it so much!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Carissa, will you pass Katie Jackson's mailing address on to me. I would like to send a card as well. Fourtolosa@yahoo.com
Thanks!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carissa, when I read your post, I immediately thought of an article I read two days ago while waiting in the waiting room at a doctor's office. It was a secular summary of the diveristy in family portraits across our country. It stated that less than 24% of families across the US are what they called a "nucleus family" (never-before-divored married man and woman with children). It also stated that the reason for this percentage is the high divorce rates, the cohabitation trends, single parenting, and the growing homosexual homes. After reading that I thought, "if all I ever achieve for the Lord in my life is being a faithful wife, that alone can be a bright light in our confused and hurting society." We all face the days of winter and joys of spring. God grants us those times most likely to make our marriages stronger, to make our lights even brighter, and to bring greatest glory to Himself. My mom once told me to remember my marriage must point to the perfect Groom and His Bride, the Church. You have a beautiful example in your own parents and you are an amazing person whom God makes more beautiful each day. . .He will keep your marriage and He has made you the perfect wife for your husband (I am sure Brent agrees!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home